WHY THE POSTGRADUATE DIGITAL CONTENT AND JOURNALISM AT ARTEVELDE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE?
There’s a high demand for professional digital storytellers which comes as no surprise, as stories are perfectly suited to tell a message in an effective way.
At Chase we love to help improve the skills of the next generation of digital creatives and are always curious about the newest possibilities in digital content. That's why, together with Artevelde University College, we developed the postgraduate Digital Content and Journalism. Open for everyone who wants to be an online creator, up-to-date on the newest narrative media.
IS THIS POSTGRADUATE SOMETHING FOR ME?
Are you already active on social media, but are you a bit insecure about your content? Do you want to be noticed in the overload of online publications? Do you want to earn more likes, clicks and comments on your online content? Join us and improve your social storytelling skills in only 6 months.
After this postgradate your are up to speed to join the digital media sector. Either in your own media production company, as a content specialist for a larger organization or as a creator of your own artistic stories for an online audience.
The postgraduate Digital Content and Journalism
- is open for everyone who already has a bachelor or master’s degree. No further foreknowledge needed.
- is practice oriented during the 10 weeks of lectures, given by experts in storytelling, digital content and creation and community management. You'll have classes on Monday and Tuesday during the day.
- also contains an intership of 6 to 10 weeks to expand your experience. If you are currently working fulltime or parttime or studying something else, you’ll be able to extend your days over a longer period.
- takes place on campus Kantienberg (Ghent, Belgium) and starts two times a year. The first program begins in October and ends mid-March, program two starts at the beginning of February and comes to an end in June.
- consists of 27 credits and costs €2.500.
WHAT IS DIGITAL CONTENT AND JOURNALISM ABOUT?
The postgraduate consists of 5 different training modules:
- 1 Digital Storytelling
- 2 Online Publication
- 3 Digital Content Creation
- 4 Digital Creative
- 5 Internship in a media company, digital agency or organisation of choice
Also you'll be initiated in social advertising and influencer marketing. For a good digital storyteller knows that distribution is equally important.
You' will be rolling up your sleeves in class, because you learn the most by doing. But the last module will increase your learning curve spectacularly: the internship will get you launched in your favourite digital creative world.
HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE?As a digital creative in the making, you will be challenged by assignments and online tutorials. So besides classes on Monday and Tuesday during the day, you’ll need to schedule one day a week of self-study. On the other hand, there are no finals or heavy textbooks to worry about.
When you complete your internship and all 5 creation assignments sufficiently, you are the proud owner of a postgraduate certificate.
I WANT TO FOLLOW THIS DIGITAL CONTENT AND JOURNALISM POSTGRADUATE, WHAT’S NEXT?
Do you have any further questions? Contact Petra Beeckx, who is the coordinator of this program. Give her a call on 0486/96.68.42 or send an e-mail to email@example.com any time.
SOME OF LAST YEAR'S EXPERT LECTURERS
Niel Van Herck (Tjoolaard, BE)
Sam Feys (De Morgen, BE)
Lien De Leenheer (Frankly Speaking, BE)
Dirk Vanhegen (Medianet Vlaanderen, BE)
Rutger Verhoeven (Cleverlions, BE)
Magali De Reu & Britt De Valk (Copymag, freelance, BE)
Filip Fastenaekels (VRT, BE)
Floris Lefever (Hotel Hungaria, BE)
Tim Vanhaecke (Chase, BE)
Anneleen Ophoff (VRT/Vranckx, BE)
Mike De Ridder (Mike Pro, BE)
Sacha Claes (Chase, BE)
Karin Van Hees (BlueTales, BE)
Maarten Lambrechts (Freelance, BE)
Klasien van de Zandschulp (Lava Lab, NL)
Mirke Kist (Audiocollectief Schik, NL)
Wim Forceville (Freelance, BE)
Wederik De Backer (Audiofictie en - documentairemaker, BE)
Laure Cops & Wouter Vanmol (NuNam, BE)