POSTGRADUATE DIGITAL CONTENT & JOURNALISM
At Chase Academy, we love to help improve the skills of the next generation of young digital creatives and are always curious about the newest possibilities in digital content. That's why, together with Artevelde University College, we developed the postgraduate Digital Content and Journalism. Open for everyone who wants to be an online creator, up-to-date on the newest narrative and social media.
Celien was a Chase Academy student and now works as a social media manager for Fox TV and XITE.
IS THIS POSTGRADUATE SOMETHING FOR ME?
Are you already active on social media, but are you a bit insecure about your content? Do you want to be noticed in the overload of online stories? Do you want to earn more views and comments on your online content? Join us and improve your social storytelling skills in only 6 months.
In this postgraduate, you improve your social storytelling skills in only 6 months. After the lectures, workshops and internship, you are up to speed to join the digital media sector. Either in your own media production company, as a content specialist for a larger organization or as a creator of your own artistic stories for an online audience.
A must for young graduates, communicators, and journalists who want to learn more about digital media.
- The postgraduate is open for everyone who already has a bachelor or master’s degree. No further foreknowledge needed. You'll get the hang of it by assignments.
- The program is practice-oriented during the 11 weeks of lectures, given by experts in storytelling, digital content and creation and community management. You'll have classes on Monday and Tuesday during the day.
- After the lectures, the program continues in an internship of 6 to 10 weeks to expand your experience. If you are currently working fulltime/ parttime or studying something else, you’ll be able to extend your days over a longer period.
- Lectures and workshops take place on campus Kantienberg (Ghent, Belgium). The program is organized two times a year. The first edition begins on the 30th of September 2019 and ends mid-March, the second edition starts on the 27th of January 2020 and ends in June.
- This postgraduate consists of 27 credits and costs €2.500. Check out at Artevelde University if you can apply for KMO-contract reduction, Mediarte bonus, Vlaams Opleiddinsverlof, etc.
WHAT IS DIGITAL CONTENT AND JOURNALISM ABOUT?
The postgraduate consists of 5 connected training modules: Digital Storytelling, Online Publication, Digital Content Creation, Digital Creative and your internship in a media company, digital agency or organization of choice.
- First of all, you'll learn how to build quality stories and talk social on Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
- Then you’ll be taking your first steps in creating online video, blogs, vlogs, photography, visuals, podcasting, chatbots, augmented/virtual reality and data.
- For a good digital storyteller knows that not only creation but also distribution is important, you’ll then be initiated in social advertising and influencer marketing.
- You'll surely be rolling up your sleeves because we believe you learn the most by doing.
- But the last module will increase your learning curve most spectacularly: the internship will get you launched in the digital creative industry.
HOW MUCH TIME WILL IT TAKE?
As a digital creative in the making, you will be challenged by assignments and online tutorials. So besides classes on Monday and Tuesday during the day from 10 am until 5 pm, you’ll need to spare one more day a week during classes. On the other hand, there are no finals or heavy textbooks to worry about. When you complete your internship and all 5 creation assignments sufficiently, you are the proud owner of a postgraduate certificate and a new member of the Chase Academy alumni.
I WANT TO FOLLOW THIS POSTGRADUATE, WHAT’S NEXT?
Do you have any burning questions? Contact Petra Beeckx, who is the coördinator of this program. Give her a call on 0486/96.68.42 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org any time. You could also visit the info day at Artevelde University College on the 10th of September.
SOME OF LAST YEAR'S EXPERT LECTURERS
Niel Van Herck (Tjoolaard, BE)
Sam Feys (De Morgen, BE)
Lien De Leenheer (Frankly Speaking, BE)
Dirk Vanhegen (Medianet Vlaanderen, BE)
Rutger Verhoeven (Cleverlions, BE)
Magali De Reu & Britt De Valk (Copymag, freelance, BE)
Filip Fastenaekels (VRT, BE)
Floris Lefever (Hotel Hungaria, BE)
Tim Vanhaecke (Chase, BE)
Anneleen Ophoff (VRT/Vranckx, BE)
Mike De Ridder (Mike Pro, BE)
Sacha Claes (Chase, BE)
Karin Van Hees (BlueTales, BE)
Maarten Lambrechts (Freelance, BE)
Klasien van de Zandschulp (Lava Lab, NL)
Mirke Kist (Audiocollectief Schik, NL)
Wim Forceville (Freelance, BE)
Wederik De Backer (Audiofictie en - documentairemaker, BE)
Laure Cops & Wouter Vanmol (NuNam, BE)